Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Chef Cindy's Bio

My Bio:

I have been " in love" with cooking since I was in elementry school.
My Passion for the Culinary Arts began as a teenager- entering baking competitions in both newspapers and fairs. I have enjoyed cooking for family and friends ever since. As a young teenager, I watched public television religiously and was inspired by Culinary superstars Julia Child and Martin Yan and I just knew I wanted cooking food to be my career.

Eating should be an enjoyable experience. " It should be a feeling of euphoria". Like the feeling of being in love.
Cooking has always been very therapeutic and sexy for me.
Even way back when my passion began I enjoyed decorating a plate. Aferall, you eat with your eyes first. The aromas of herbs & spices take me into culinary ecstacy. And when a plate is beautifully designed the meal is even more satisfying.

My culinary journey began in the late 90’s, working as a Cook at Ruth's Chris Steak House in Las Vegas, NV. Thereafter, I worked in the restaurant industry as a Garde Manger Cook & Chef de Partie and now Private Chef. I have been featured in various magazines and other media outlets throughout northern Calif and Las Vegas, NV.

My other passion is Philanthropy
When not in the kitchen, I enjoy being involved in non-profit organizations. I participate in various functions for The March of Dimes and The Make a Wish Foundation, as well as many other worthwhile causes.

My biggest accomplishment was producing a fundraiser to benefit the victims of the Virginia Tech Tragedy. This event included a silent auction, live auction, tapas recipe challenge and wine tasting. The money raised went to the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund.



In today's crazy & busy everyday life, couples are too busy for romance. They tend to put romance on the back burner. All their time is focused on working & taking care of their children. Several years ago, I became THE APHRODISAC CHEF. I am the RX for getting romance back. I help keep the love fire burning. I prepare meals with aphrodisiac qualities and to make it even more exciting I offer cooking classes for couples. Cooking together is really sexy.


Cheers!
Chef Cindy
"AKA- THE APHRODISIAC CHEF"

No comments: